Thursday, February 10, 2011

New Projects: Part One

Rag Quilts....   
 I forget where I first saw these, but I loved them and wanted to make my own.  I like to add in different textures though along with the cotton or flannel.  I love minky and chenille or anything soft for kids and babies.  I am going to start working on a total minky blanket this weekend but in strips.



This is a baby size blanket I made for my friend's baby. Isn't he a cutie?! He's only about a week old.

 I just found a great and EASY tutorial online for these at Green Apple Orchard.  I made my squares on two quilts a little bit larger though. 

Here are two of my quilts that are finished, but I need to get more Shout Color Catchers before I wash them. I think I washed the sports one once, but the bright colored one has not been, so that is why the cut strips are not too cute and unraveled yet.




I added a name on one. You can't see it too well in the photo, but it looks better in person. It needs washed to get it looking cuter too.

Here is the "flat" side....   I made this quilt a little bit larger too.

I hope you all try one of these! SOOO easy! A little time consuming, but it's something to do while watching the Bachelor. :)

9 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! I made my first rag quilt last year. I love it. Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! Never seen them with Minky! Great idea!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I am starting my first quilting project this week, as is my daughter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These rag quilts are so fun, I love all the different textures! I featured you today on my quilt round up :)

    http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/02/quilt-round-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The more I see these ragquilts the more I want to make some too. Yours are so fun and I appreciate seeing different ways of making them.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Treasurista said...
    Hop on over to the Party! Would love for you to link-up @

    http://thetreasurista.blogspot.com/p/treasuristas-thursday-treasures-come.html

    The Treasurista
    Finding and Creating FUN things...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your rag quilts are darling! I love the color/texture combos! I will be posting a rag quilt tutorial on my site this week. I love them & agree they are super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quilt! I am now following you from the hop and would love a follow back
    http://mizzreviewlady-mommyreviews.blogspot.com/
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how creative and unique rag quilts are.

    ReplyDelete